Nash/Edgecombe Poultry Judging Team – Join Now!
Interested in Poultry! Join the Team!
The Nash/Edgecombe Poultry Judging Team will practice weekly on Tuesdays from 4–5 p.m. at the Livestock Arena (address: 1175 Kingsboro Rd., Rocky Mount, NC) to prepare for the State 4-H Poultry Judging and Avian Bowl Competition on Wednesday, August 4, 2021, in Raleigh.
All 4-H’ers between the age of 8-18 are welcome to join!
Participants will learn how to judge:
For Avian Bowl, participants test their knowledge of the industry against other teams across the State! All questions come from the National 4-H Avian Bowl Manual (a copy will be provided for all participants!) This year’s categories are:
- Raising Waterfowl (Sources through General Breeding Management) – pages 26-30
- Avian Systems (The Feather) – page 43
- Growing Blue Ribbon Pullets (All) – pages 57-65
- Breeds, Varieties, and Strains (Introduction, Bantams, Americans, and Asiatics) – pages 69-73
- Eggcyclopedia (Curdling through It’s All in an Egg) – pages 118-136
- Ratites (All) – Pages 171-173
- Commercial Poultry Industry (All) – Pages 175-176
- Embryology (Parts of the Egg through Candling) – Pages 186-192
Ready to join the team? Let us know! Call Kelsey Lichtenwalner at the Edgecombe (252-641-7821) or Nash County (252-459-9810) office, or register online: https://go.ncsu.edu/join-now