Edgecombe 4-H Online Activities
Due to no longer being allowed to offer in person Summer events we will be listing learning resources here for our 4-Hers to participate in. This page has links to 4-H Projects and age-related activities we are hosting. Each activity has instructions on what to do and new ones will be added regularly. Let us know if you have any questions. Email Tanya_heath@ncsu.edu or Melissa_Helms@ncsu.edu
Need help keeping track of all of the events! Use the Google Calendar!
Announcements/State 4-H Events.
- NC 4H Summer Fun!Topics include, STEM, Civic Engagement, Plant Science, Healthy Living, Animal Science and more! Registration Opens June 1 and stays open throughout the summer.
- Teach Like a Pro Homeschooling resources collaboration between Nash 4-H, Edgecombe 4-H, Wilson 4-H, Classical Conversation, NCHE and CHARM- Register for Zoom forum with these organizations more information at Eventbrite- Teach like a pro
- Virtual Learning Opportunities Edgecombe County Page for additional learning websites and virtual tours.
- 4-H in the Kitchen Learn how to cut Fruits and Veggies then make your favorite summer recipe.
- Christmas in July activities– crafts and recipes from Edgecombe County. Let us know if you would like a craft kit and share with us your finished products.
- Disney Nature– Create a bit of Disney Magic “while inspiring a desire to protect the planet through connections to nature.” This is for grades 2-6. It includes links to activity guides and educator resources!
Age Related Activities
Once completed with the activity, please tell us what you learned! Though anyone can participate and learn, only kids registered through 4-H Online will get credit for the activity through Edgecombe County 4H. See Previous page, Edgecombe County 4H for details. Various How-to Videos of these activities will be on our YouTube Channel.
Cloverbud Corner (Ages 5-7)
- Salt Dough Ornaments
- Homemade Sidewalk Chalk
- What is Popcorn?
- Parts of a Leaf
- Chalk Colored Stationary
- Elmer’s Slime Kit
- Make your own Classic Playdoh
Budding Buddies (Ages 8-12)
- Dyed Flowers Experiment
- OOBLECK… ooooo what
- Homemade Butter
- Water Properties Experiment
- Walking Water
- Elmer’s DIY Satisfying Sand Kit
- Jell-O Terrarium
Teen Troupe (Ages 13-18)
- Feed Rations Lab
- Interview a Professional
- Social Media Engagement
- BioDome Experiment
- Humpty Dumpty’s Helmet- Egg Drop Challenge
- 5 Main Food Groups
- Epsom Salt Crystals
- Digital Resources for Learning-from N.C. Cooperative Extension, Craven County Center
- Resources to help parents teaching at home From NC State College of Education
Page Updated: 8/3/20