Edgecombe 4-H Online Activities
Due to no longer being allowed to offer in person Summer events we will be listing learning resources here for our 4-Hers to participate in. This page has links to 4-H Projects and age-related activities we are hosting. Each activity has instructions on what to do and new ones will be added regularly. Let us know if you have any questions. Email Tanya_heath@ncsu.edu or Melissa_Helms@ncsu.edu
Need help keeping track of all of the events! Use the Google Calendar!
Announcements/State 4-H Events
- Livestock Judging and Skillathon Clinics Part of the Youth Livestock programs. Register for the variety of clinics through google forms from this link. Skillathons will be held on Tuesdays at 1 and Judging on Thursdays at 1.
- 4H Congress Held via Zoom July 20-23rd. Register early as spots are limited.
- NC 4H Summer Fun!Topics include, STEM, Civic Engagement, Plant Science, Healthy Living, Animal Science and more! Registration Opens June 1 and stays open throughout the summer.
- EDGECOMBE SUMMER FUN! Our own Summer fun programs are out now! You can register up until 3 days before the program begins. Zoom lessons and/or YouTube videos for reference. You’ll receive a kit with all supplies and prizes!
- Virtual Learning Opportunities Edgecombe County Page for additional learning websites and virtual tours.
Age Related Activities
Once completed with the activity, please tell us what you learned! Though anyone can participate and learn, only kids registered through 4-H Online will get credit for the activity through Edgecombe County 4H. See Previous page, Edgecombe County 4H for details. Various How-to Videos of these activities will be on our YouTube Channel.
Cloverbud Corner (Ages 5-7)
- Salt Dough Ornaments
- Homemade Sidewalk Chalk
- What is Popcorn?
- Parts of a Leaf
- Chalk Colored Stationary
- Elmer’s Slime Kit
- Make your own Classic Playdoh
Budding Buddies (Ages 8-12)
- Dyed Flowers Experiment
- OOBLECK… ooooo what
- Homemade Butter
- Water Properties Experiment
- Walking Water
- Elmer’s DIY Satisfying Sand Kit
- Jell-O Terrarium
Teen Troupe (Ages 13-18)
- Feed Rations Lab
- Interview a Professional
- Social Media Engagement
- BioDome Experiment
- Humpty Dumpty’s Helmet- Egg Drop Challenge
- 5 Main Food Groups
- Epsom Salt Crystals
- Digital Resources for Learning-from N.C. Cooperative Extension, Craven County Center
- Resources to help parents teaching at home From NC State College of Education
Page Updated: 7/10/20