Edgecombe Local Foods & Farmers Market
Tarboro – Edgecombe Farmer’s Market
500 N. Main Street
Tarboro, NC 27858
1st and 3rd Saturdays 8:00 a.m.
2017 Kick-Off Saturday, May 20th
Visit our Facebook page!
- NC Fresh Produce Safety – (North Carolina Cooperative Extension and Plants for Human Health Institute) Information for growers and consumers on produce safety.
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FDA) – Learn more about this legislation and how it might impact you.
Food Safety Recommendations by Product
- Cantaloupe – commodity specific guidelines – The website and included documents contains practical and effective Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) that will enhance food safety in the field.
Local Food Supply Chain
- Center for Environmental Farming Systems receives $3.9 million grant – A five-year $3.9 million grant to build and evaluate supply chains for local farmers and fishers . . . awarded by the Agriculture and Food Research Initiative, part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA).
Local Farmers Market – Overview
Tarboro-Edgecombe Farmers market – General Information:
Farmers Markets North Carolina – General Information:
Good Farmers Market Practices:
- Good Farmers Market Practices – NC – GFMPs is a new food safety curriculum developed by N.C. Cooperative Extension including the following modules: Food Safety Principles, Personnel Health & Hygiene, and Food Sampling. The curriculum is intended to provide information to enhance the safety of products sold and practices at farmer’s markets across North Carolina.